If you want to know where I'll be in the next couple of months, check out:
Michael on the road.
My current and upcoming books:
is a collection of recipies for developers and admins that my buddy Sébastien Goasguen and I put together.
Some of my active projects:
- PoCing Parameterizer, a tool for generic Kubernetes app installs.
- Contributing to Kubeflow, the machine learning on Kubernetes environment.
- Creating KAML-D, the Kubernetes Advanced Machine Learning & Data Engineering Platform.
- Developing kubed-sh, the Kubernetes cluster shell for the casual cluster user.
- Keeping folks up-to-date on the emerging application area of Machine Learning on Kubernetes via kube-machine-learning.rocks.
- Helping people to learn Kubernetes via kubernetesbyexample.com.
- Providing developers with good practices around ops for cloud native/containerized environments via some.ops4devs.info.
- Writing a weekly newsletter via new.appops.info on all things appops, covering topics from Go to CI/CD pipelines to containers.
- Running the Cloud Native Ireland meetup as founder.
- Serving on Programme Commitees such as KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, O'Reilly Velocity, and Red Hat Summit.
Speaking at events, for example:
FOSDEM, O'Reilly Strata, Devoxx, Hadoop Summit, OSCON, Thingmonk, various user groups all over the place—most of
my presentations are available via speakerdeck.com.
A list of all advocacy sites I've ever done is also available.
Some of my past activities:
- Compiling a collection of code snippets for
- Co-developing the Container Orchestration Benchmark.
- Maintaining All Things Linux containers reference website
- Developing ReShifter, the Kubernetes backup and restore tool.
- Developing cinf, a Linux command line tool to view namespaces and cgroups.
- Toying around with distributed named pipes.
- Maintaining DC/OS.
- Contributing to the Myriad project,
a Mesos framework for dynamically scaling YARN clusters, allowing to run Hadoop apps such as Spark alongside non-Hadoop applications such as Node.js, Memecached, RoR, etc.
- Contributing to p24e.io, the Programmable Infrastructure advocacy site.
- Hosting the DC/OS Office Hours.
- Co-chairing the #MesosCon Europe 2015 which took place in Dublin, Ireland in October 2015.
- Mentoring data processing in the Internet of Things (IoT) through the iot-a; for example, I'm a mentor at the Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data.
In my role as Chief Data Engineer at MapR Technologies I wrote about polyglot processing and data analytics economics.
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the Internet of Things (IoT) area such as the HTTP and CoAP book chapter or the Mobile Augmented Reality position paper and demo.
- General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Even more ...
Consider checking out my weekly newsletter appops reloaded
on all things containers, devops, cloud native apps, CI/CD, microservices with Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift.
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist