I wrote a free book for O'Reilly called Docker Networking and Service Discovery
and it covers container networking, container service discovery as well as container management tooling (Docker Swarm, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes and Nomad).
Some of my active projects:
- DC/OS community manager.
- Maintaining the Kubernetes Community Resources advocacy site.
- Founder of the Kubernetes Ireland meetup.
- Contributing to p24e.io, the Programmable Infrastructure advocacy site.
- Blogging on Medium, mainly in the Scale Out collection around DCOS, DevOps, Mesosphere, Docker, etc.
- Co-chairing the #MesosCon Europe 2015 which took place in Dublin, Ireland in October 2015.
- Contributing to the Myriad project,
a Mesos framework for dynamically scaling YARN clusters, allowing to run Hadoop apps such as Spark alongside non-Hadoop applications such as Node.js, Memecached, RoR, etc.
- Mentoring data processing in the Internet of Things (IoT) through the iot-a; for example, I'm a mentor at the Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data.
- Maintaining The Apache Spark Stack advocacy site.
- Advocating the Lambda Architecture for building fault-tolerant large-scale data processing system.
Public speaking engagements include, but are not limited to:
Devoxx, Hadoop Summit, OSCON, Thingmonk, as well as various Mesos | Hadoop | Big Data user groups all over the place.
Some of my past activities:
In my role as Chief Data Engineer at MapR Technologies I wrote about polyglot processing and data analytics economics.
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the realm of Internet of Things (IoT): HTTP and CoAP, Mobile Augmented Reality (position paper, demo), Live Linked Open Sensor Database.
- I was General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Developed the 'Rapid-Appraisal Crawler for Original Open data Nuggets' (Racoon).
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Even more ...
Consider checking out my digital newspapers:
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist