Michael's ID at DERI
Michael's ID at dogfood
My name is Michael Hausenblas
and I work at MapR Technologies
as Chief Data Engineer for the EMEA region.
MapR Technologies is the leading provider
of production Hadoop. MapR offers an enterprise-grade Big Data platform—including Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Storm,
etc.—supporting many mission-critical & real-time production use cases at over 500 paying customers, worldwide.
If you want to share some Big Data/NoSQL related newsworthy items with me, please use email@example.com,
and use firstname.lastname@example.org for any other general enquiries.
Some of my past activities:
- I was General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Developing 'MapReduce processing of Linked Data' (mrlin), SPARQLbin.com, and the 'Rapid-Appraisal Crawler for Original Open data Nuggets' (Racoon).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Initiator of Schema.RDFS.org, an effort to support Schema.org usage with a focus on Linked Data.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
For software I have developed see my cards over at geekli.st and I'm also hanging out on StackExchange:
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist