Michael's ID at DERI
Michael's ID at dogfood
My name is Michael Hausenblas
and I work at Mesosphere
where I help appops to be successful with container technologies including DC/OS, Apache Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker,
as well as elastic data processing around Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and time series databases.
Mesosphere Inc. is a pre-IPO start-up based out of San Francisco, CA. We are the initiators of DC/OS (Datacenter Operating System), a distributed OS that uses Apache Mesos as its kernel.
Please use email@example.com for any general enquiries.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for DC/OS-related communication.
My currently available O'Reilly books:
Some of my active projects:
- Developing cinf, a Linux command line tool to view namespaces and cgroups.
- O'Reilly author and contributor, for example The challenges of container orchestration podcast and the upcoming book on Serverless Ops (ping me if you want to review or have input).
- DC/OS contributor.
- Founder of the Kubernetes Ireland meetup.
- Contributing to p24e.io, the Programmable Infrastructure advocacy site.
- Blogging on Medium, mainly in the Scale Out collection around DC/OS, DevOps, Mesosphere, Docker, etc.
- Contributing to the Myriad project,
a Mesos framework for dynamically scaling YARN clusters, allowing to run Hadoop apps such as Spark alongside non-Hadoop applications such as Node.js, Memecached, RoR, etc.
- Maintaining The Apache Spark Stack advocacy site.
- Advocating the Lambda Architecture for building fault-tolerant large-scale data processing system.
Public speaking engagements include, but are not limited to:
Day of Containers,
Devoxx, Hadoop Summit, OSCON, Thingmonk, as well as various Mesos | Hadoop | Big Data user groups all over the place—most of my presentations are available via speakerdeck.com.
Some of my past activities:
- Hosting the DC/OS Office Hours.
- Co-chairing the #MesosCon Europe 2015 which took place in Dublin, Ireland in October 2015.
- Mentoring data processing in the Internet of Things (IoT) through the iot-a; for example, I'm a mentor at the Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data.
In my role as Chief Data Engineer at MapR Technologies I wrote about polyglot processing and data analytics economics.
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the Internet of Things (IoT) area such as the HTTP and CoAP book chapter or the Mobile Augmented Reality position paper and demo.
- General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Even more ...
Consider checking out my digital newspapers:
the weekly newsletter on all things containers, devops, cloud native apps, CI/CD, microservices with Docker, Kubernetes, and DC/OS.
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist