Michael's ID at DERI
Michael's ID at dogfood
My name is Michael Hausenblas
and I work at MapR Technologies,
as Chief Data Engineer for the EMEA region.
MapR Technologies is a startup founded in 2009 that
offers an enterprise-grade Big Data platform (incl. Hadoop, Storm, Drill, etc.), supporting many mission-critical & real-time production uses.
My email address is
firstname.lastname@example.org for dev/ops stuff (Apache, etc.), and
email@example.com for writing stuff (blog posts, articles, books, etc.).
Some of my past activities:
- I was General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Developing 'MapReduce processing of Linked Data' (mrlin), SPARQLbin.com, Turtled, and the 'Rapid-Appraisal Crawler for Original Open data Nuggets' (Racoon).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Initiator and maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Initiator of Schema.RDFS.org, an effort to support Schema.org usage with a focus on Linked Data.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was the co-ordinator of the LATC Support Action, which ran from 09/2010 to 08/2012, where we helped people and institutions to publish and consume Linked Data. We developed a SaaS app for linking data and published some 20+ datasets.
- Together with Ashok Malhorta (Oracle) I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
For a list of people I had the pleasure to work with so far see my semanticweb.org profile
For software I have developed see my cards over at geekli.st and I'm also hanging out on StackExchange:
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist