Michael's ID at DERI
Michael's ID at dogfood
My name is Michael Hausenblas
and I work at Mesosphere
where I help appops to be successful with container technologies including DC/OS, Apache Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker,
as well as elastic data processing around Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and time series databases.
Mesosphere Inc. is a pre-IPO start-up based out of San Francisco, CA. We are the initiators of DC/OS (Datacenter Operating System), a distributed OS that uses Apache Mesos as its kernel.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for any general enquiries.
Please use email@example.com for DC/OS-related communication.
My currently available O'Reilly books:
UPCOMING: Serverless Ops—A Beginners Guide For Serverless Operations (AWS Lambda And Beyond) covers the serverless ecosystem and
how to approach the serverless paradigm from an ops perspective.
Some of my active projects:
- Contributing to label-schema.org to promote good practices for managing containers.
- O'Reilly author and contributor, for example The challenges of container orchestration podcast and the upcoming book on Serverless Ops (ping me if you want to review or have input).
- DC/OS contributor and PMC member; hosting the DC/OS Office Hours.
- Founder of the Kubernetes Ireland meetup.
- Contributing to p24e.io, the Programmable Infrastructure advocacy site.
- Blogging on Medium, mainly in the Scale Out collection around DC/OS, DevOps, Mesosphere, Docker, etc.
- Contributing to the Myriad project,
a Mesos framework for dynamically scaling YARN clusters, allowing to run Hadoop apps such as Spark alongside non-Hadoop applications such as Node.js, Memecached, RoR, etc.
- Maintaining The Apache Spark Stack advocacy site.
- Advocating the Lambda Architecture for building fault-tolerant large-scale data processing system.
Public speaking engagements include, but are not limited to:
Day of Containers,
Devoxx, Hadoop Summit, OSCON, Thingmonk, as well as various Mesos | Hadoop | Big Data user groups all over the place—most of my presentations are available via speakerdeck.com.
Some of my past activities:
- Co-chairing the #MesosCon Europe 2015 which took place in Dublin, Ireland in October 2015.
- Mentoring data processing in the Internet of Things (IoT) through the iot-a; for example, I'm a mentor at the Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data.
In my role as Chief Data Engineer at MapR Technologies I wrote about polyglot processing and data analytics economics.
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the Internet of Things (IoT) area such as the HTTP and CoAP book chapter or the Mobile Augmented Reality position paper and demo.
- General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Even more ...
Consider checking out my digital newspapers:
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist