Some of my active projects:
- Contributing to p24e.io, the Programmable Infrastructure advocacy site.
- Blogging on Medium, mainly in the Scale Out collection around DCOS, DevOps, Mesosphere, Docker, etc.
- Co-chairing the #MesosCon Europe 2015 which will take place in Dublin, Ireland in October 2015.
- Contributing to the Myriad project,
a Mesos framework for dynamically scaling YARN clusters, allowing to run Hadoop apps such as Spark alongside non-Hadoop applications such as Node.js, Memecached, RoR, etc.
Mentoring data processing in the Internet of Things (IoT) through the iot-a; for example, I'm a mentor at the Startupbootcamp Internet of Things & Data.
Maintaining The Apache Spark Stack advocacy site.
Advocating the Lambda Architecture for building fault-tolerant large-scale data processing system.
Public speaking engagements include, but are not limited to:
Hadoop Summit, OSCON, Thingmonk, as well as various Mesos | Hadoop | Big Data user groups all over the place.
Some of my past activities:
In my role as Chief Data Engineer at MapR Technologies I wrote about polyglot processing and data analytics economics.
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the realm of Internet of Things (IoT): HTTP and CoAP, Mobile Augmented Reality (position paper, demo), Live Linked Open Sensor Database.
- I was General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Developed the 'Rapid-Appraisal Crawler for Original Open data Nuggets' (Racoon).
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Even more ...
Consider checking out my digital newspapers:
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist