Michael's ID at DERI
Michael's ID at dogfood
My name is Michael Hausenblas
and I work at MapR Technologies
as Chief Data Engineer, where I enable our customers to do as-it-happens business by reducing the time from data to action.
MapR Technologies is a pre-IPO start-up and the leading provider
of production Hadoop. We offer an enterprise-grade data platform—including Hadoop, Spark, Drill, Storm,
etc.—supporting many mission-critical & production use cases at over 700 paying customers, worldwide.
Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for any general enquiries.
Some of my past activities:
- Contributing to the Apache Drill,
where I helped building an interactive, distributed query engine and maintained drill-user.org.
- Research and development in the realm of Internet of Things (IoT): HTTP and CoAP, Mobile Augmented Reality (position paper, demo), Live Linked Open Sensor Database.
- I was General Chair of the European Data Forum 2013 (EDF).
- Co-creator and maintainer of the 5 ★ Open Data site, explaining costs & benefits of Open Data incl. examples for each stage.
- Developed the 'Rapid-Appraisal Crawler for Original Open data Nuggets' (Racoon).
- Initiator and co-maintainer of enable-cors.org to advocate good practices around CORS.
- Inventor of and contributor to the 'Vocabulary of Interlinked Datasets' (VoID) that allows to describe RDF-based datasets.
- I was co-chairing the W3C RDB2RDF Working Group that standardised mappings of relational data into RDF.
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by orderedlist